A Complete CIS Returns service for both contractors and sub-contractors
Completion of all the necessary CIS returns, filing these electronically and producing monthly “payslips” for the subcontractors.
✓ Your own dedicated accountant
✓ Unlimited help and advice throughout the year
✓ We file your returns along with all your other HMRC submissions
✓ Production of all CIS documentation
If you are a contractor within the construction industry then you will have to submit a CIS Return before the 19th of each month. A CIS return lets HMRC know how much CIS tax you have deducted from your sub-contractors and therefore how much you owe to them.
Unfortunately the penalties for late submissions are high. If it is one day late the penalty is £100 and if it is more than 2 months late a further £200 is payable with further penalties the longer it remains un-submitted. This is why it is very important that you put in place arrangements either yourself or for a professional to complete your CIS Returns on your behalf.
If you ask us to complete your monthly CIS Returns we will carry out the following for you:
- Adding and verifying your new sub-contractors
- Processing of the payment and deduction statements
- Submission of the monthly CIS Returns
- Automated email reminders to inform you when your CIS Returns are due
- Representation in the event of a CIS enquiry from HMRC
- Correspondence with HMRC on your behalf
- Unlimited help and advice regarding your CIS Returns
If you are a sub-contractor in the construction industry you are required to complete a personal tax return each year. The tax return tells HMRC how much you have earned, how much expenditure you have incurred and how much CIS tax you have already paid.
As a sub-contractor it is likely you are entitled to a tax refund each year as you will have paid more in CIS tax than you owe to HMRC.
If you ask us to act on your behalf you can expect the following benefits:
- Completion of a full set of accounts for your business
- Submission of your tax return
- Overseeing the process for your repayment
- Your own dedicated accountant
- Representation in the event of a tax enquiry from HMRC
- Unlimited help and advice throughout the year from your accountant